cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

select a call in queue and redirect the call to an external number

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Is it possible to select a particular call in queue (for example, the oldest call or the call waiting in queue more than 5 minutes) then redirect the call to an external number?

Thanks,

Michael

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not with manual control.  You could build in a logic into the script to check for certain in queue time threshold and if exceeded redirect the call to defined number.  But if you are looking to manually pick the call from queue and perform the redirect as I know other systems can, this is not doable in neither UCCE nor UCCX.

Thanks Chris.

I am looking for a logic in script. I know how to check the contact waiting time, but how can I select and dequeue a particular call (not overflow the new calls)?

So, you logic would look something like this as remember the logic applies to individual call being treated by this script:

get reporting stats, i..e current wait duration, store as variable intCurrentWait

If intCurrentWait > X

dequeue call

redirect call to destination set in variable

else

continue with queue logic

Perhaps I don't understand it correctly, but does the "dequeue" step dequeues new calls entering the queue or the oldest call waiting in the queue?

It dequeues the call you are processing. remember running scripts is multi-threaded, for each call there is a different thread of script being processed.  The steps in the script apply to the call being processed by current script thread.