Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 card installation & configuration

winfulmatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am very new to VOIP and still trying to find my feet on the ground. One of my client is integrating VOIP into his data network, and i have been summoned to configure the cisco ip phones to work with the existing infrastructure.

This is what we have on ground already;

Cisco 2911 router

Cisco 3560 switches

cisco ip phones

VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1

Now i plugged the card into the first module of the router but i cant really configure the card to become active so that it can support voip,

My question are:

1. how do i configure the card

2. after configuration, will i connect directly from the card to the switch?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

You need to have the following info:

a. you need to have PVDM 3 card on router.

b. u need to upload UC licenses. The same can be checked by loggin into router and running command show license details.If 2911 has been ordered along with UC[unified communication licnese], they would have come pre-loaded.

c. insert card in to router and issue the commands card type e1/t1[ depending on whether it is E1 or T1], framing, pri-group , clocking.

you can refer the link for configuring VWIC3 card.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/vd-t1e1_vwic3.html

The router gig ethernet port would get connected to switch.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman,

But this network we are not looking at configuring telepresence or video conferencing, it is just to use the router as a CME router for voice calls and it will continue with its data functionality.

The PVDM 3 card was supposed to be for Video conferencing & telepresence right?

thanks

Hi,

PVDM3 would be required if u are using VWIC card which has got E1 functionality for making outgoing and receiving calls from outside [PSTN].

regds,

aman

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI, this particular forum is dedicated to Video Over IP questions, you should move this to another area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate