cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot redirect calls to busy route patterns

Michael Horton
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUCM 10.5.2, I have a SIP trunk to a third-party call dispatch system (Moducom Ultra-Com).  I have set up route patterns for each of the lines that the system will be handling and two-way calling works well.  However, when one of the lines (patterns) is engaged, another caller to that same line gets a busy signal.  I need to know of a way to forward calls to engaged route patterns to another pattern so the incoming call can be received. There are no other ways to get calls to the dispatch system as it uses one SIP user agent that handles routing the calls to the operator positions, each of which have identical screens and all lines are available to them.  I have tried various ways to get the calls routed to free lines, but nothing has worked so far.  Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to do that, you get redundancy only with the route groups and route lists, not jumping from one RP to another RP.

The only way to do any kind of redirect, would be to have the external system call back into CUCM, so it goes again thru the digit analysis, and then it can match something else.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thanks for your fast reply.  I didn't think this would be doable but I had to give it a shot. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: