cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 gateways in a routelist

Alex Nemeth
Level 1
Level 1

I have two H323 gateways in a route list that 911 is pointed to in the CUCM for a location.

vgw1-rg1

vgw2-rg2

On vgw1 911 is a trunk group of pots lines that 911 goes out over the 911 dial-peer, and on vgw2 911 is configured to go out over 911 dial-peer.

911 dialing was testing and confirmed to work on VGW1.  However a new line was added to the 911 VGW2.

This site is in production.  I am not sure how I can perform a non disruptive test to make sure that

1 The new line is working.

2 From the route list GW1 is the first gateway in the list, if VGW1 is not available will VGW or all 911 lines in the trunk group on VGW1 will rollover to VGW2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

For testing the new line, you could do the following:

- Create one test partition and CSS. Add only this partition to the new "test-CSS"

- Copy the 911 pattern you are using now and create a new one by changing only partition to the newly created test partition

- Apply the "Test-CSS" to one phone and try calling 911. If everything is fine, the 911 calls will go through new VGW2 if called from this phone

By this way, you will not disrupt anything in production. But be cautioned as we cannot make test calls to 911 unnecessarily

For your second question, the existing calls will not roll over to the second gateway in case of first gateway failure.

HTH,

Shenbagarajan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

For testing the new line, you could do the following:

- Create one test partition and CSS. Add only this partition to the new "test-CSS"

- Copy the 911 pattern you are using now and create a new one by changing only partition to the newly created test partition

- Apply the "Test-CSS" to one phone and try calling 911. If everything is fine, the 911 calls will go through new VGW2 if called from this phone

By this way, you will not disrupt anything in production. But be cautioned as we cannot make test calls to 911 unnecessarily

For your second question, the existing calls will not roll over to the second gateway in case of first gateway failure.

HTH,

Shenbagarajan

thank you for your courteous reply.

I will have to create a new route list also that just includes the RG02 router?

Yes. 

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: