cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Standard Licensing

jonhardiman
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if I purchase a Single Unified Attendant Console Standard License can I install the actual client on multiple PC's. My scenario is that there is a primary receptionist but when she is out of the office or on lunch break her backup would log in to the console from their PC to cover until the primary receptionist returns. 

In this scenario would l need to purchase 2 licenses when we are only ever using one at a time?

Thank you,

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The license is generated based on an unique ID from the install, so, each registration code you need to use to license on cisco.com/go/ac would only work for that particular machine, you would need to buy 2 licenses.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

[+5] to Rob.

Hi,

Attendant Console license is a combination of LAC[Line Activation Code : which is 27 character code recieved from Cisco after u place the order] and Registration Key [this key u can get after u successfully install the Attendant Console].This registration key is 8 code which u get from Help--Licensing.

Once u provide this info, u get .rgf file which needs to be browsed to activate S/W .

LAC contains Server and Client Licenses.

You will receive as many LAC as many licenses ordered. Multiple LAC allows to distribute those LAC among cisco attendant console server.

regds,

aman

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

In your scenario you would require 2 licenses as described in the attached clip from the "standard' data sheet;

Each desktop installation of Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard requires a license.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-attendant-console/datasheet-c78-731866.html

This differs from the server based Attendant Consoles which are licensed based on a "concurrent" client login model.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: +5 to my friend Java for beating me to the punch with his great info!