cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MOVI for iOS iPad

brunokcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Since some day's Jabber MOVI client is not available anymore in Apple App store.  We do still have lots of users using this tool and we also have running maintenance contract with Cisco about Jabber MOVI licences.

Following message we see in Internet:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Jabber Video for the iPad is no longer available from the iTunes store or from Cisco. If you have previously downloaded and installed the application, it will still work with our video infrastructure. Unfortunately it is no longer available for new users. We apologize for the inconvenience. There is a Cisco Jabber app which has different features that do not include video.

Apologize from Cisco does not help us !!!

How do our users ( which do need to reset their iPads // do get new iPad // new users on my TMS & VCS environment get this App?

As workaround: Is there a newest IPA file available? (we could offer our users this App via our internal App store?

thx for any ideas

2 Replies 2

Lot of posts regarding this already discussed here. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12607856/i-cant-find-jabber-video-telepresence-applestore-ipad

Jabber Telepresence Video for iPad is no longer available in the AppStore but you can still download the Jabber for Telepresence Video (Movi) for PC and MAC in Cisco website and will work with old TMS, TMSPE and VCS versions. On the future this application will no longer be supported.

In my point of view, Cisco's direction is going for CUCM as the call control and VCS (Expressway Core and Edge) as a part of the infrastructure will only be for gateway (SIP<---->H323) and firewall traversal for MRA and B2B calling. 

regards, 

Acevirgil

thx for this hint.

Yes PC and MAC is still supported. But we have licenses, incl. maintenance for many users. Lots of them to also use this Jabber MOVI from their iPads.

We do know that Cisco is heading towards CUCM. But we are not ready yet to go in this direction.

It was announced that this Jabber MOVI solution is run able till 2017 and therefore we did also extend our maintenance contract.

I do have very high management at the moment, which do need to get this App installed

A IPA file would help us for some short workaround.

thx