cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Route Select" before "Queue to Skill Group"

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I have taken over an UCCE installation that has a lot of scripts with a "Route Select" before "Queue to Skill Group."  The only thing the "Route Select" node does is check for availability of a skill group and the following "Queue to Skill Group" node simply queues the call to that skill group without considering anything.  I'm curious, is the "Route Select" necessary in this situation?  From http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_0_1/User/Guide/UCCE_BK_S09E5905_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide/UCCE_BK_S09E5905_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide_chapter_0101.ht... my understanding is that the "Queue to Skill Group" node will check for availability and send to VRU if there is no one available.  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

First, I'm glad that you're actually trying to understand what each node does and thinking of guys of doing it better and or faster. Now, unless you're using the Route Select to prevent the call from queuing, I wouldn't use them. Personally, I've never used it. This comes from some ICM 5.0 scripting "standard".

david