cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER: ERL for IPCommunicators

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

Old CER (7.1) & CUCM (6.1.5) cluster.  This solution is intended to deliver a recorded message to callers making 911 calls from IP Communicators ('you cannot make a 911 call from this device') - which is controlled by defining the IP Subnet and associating any phone in this range to this new ERL.

I was able to get the new ERL to be matched, and the route pattern - ELIN worked as design.  The IPCommunicator (IPC) was discovered by CER, and was assigned to the desired ERL based on IP Subnet of the PC.  The 911 pattern is intercepted by CER, the ERL is matched based on the IP of the phone making the 911 call.  The ERL then defines what route pattern to use in CUCM - which is translated to an internal extension instead of 911.  The call is successfully extended to that extension, however forwarding to voicemail is not working.

The general Unity greeting is played instead of the greeting for the specific user created for this flow.  I've associated this DN to a CTI Port, a phantom 7905, a CTI Route Point, and a registered 7975, but none will forward the call to voicemail properly.  Always the general greeting - it appears the original forwarding number is not being sent from CER to CUC.

Call Flow:

IPC  >  911  >  CUCM pattern match  >  CER intercept  >  CER ERL Lookup  >  CER Route Pattern match (10010.911)  >  CUCM Translation Pattern match  >  Call extended to translated called number  >  !!!Forward to voicemail is not behaving - the call goes to voicemail, but is not matching the purpose built user for this flow, and delivers the generic Cisco Unity Connection greeting.

What is it about calls intercepted by CER that disallow forwarding to voicemail?  Am I trying to pound a square peg into a round hole? 

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I would use this Tool from the great suite of Unity Tools to have a look at the call flow on a "test" call to see what is  being passed to Unity Connection. This may give us a hint as to what's actually happening here

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

It's quite likely that Unity Connection is being passed an "unknown" DN and doesn't know what to do with the call so it's passed to the generic greeting. You may need to set up a Forwarded routing rule in CUC or perhaps play with the setting (but this may affect other forwarded call flows);

Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

When this check box is checked, Cisco Unity Connection uses the last redirecting number for routing incoming calls.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

From Conversation Configuration Page

**Advanced Settings**

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I would use this Tool from the great suite of Unity Tools to have a look at the call flow on a "test" call to see what is  being passed to Unity Connection. This may give us a hint as to what's actually happening here

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

It's quite likely that Unity Connection is being passed an "unknown" DN and doesn't know what to do with the call so it's passed to the generic greeting. You may need to set up a Forwarded routing rule in CUC or perhaps play with the setting (but this may affect other forwarded call flows);

Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

When this check box is checked, Cisco Unity Connection uses the last redirecting number for routing incoming calls.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

From Conversation Configuration Page

**Advanced Settings**

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Rob, I appreciate it.

I was hoping to not affect global settings for this one call flow.  I think I'm just going to send the call to ICM for greeting delivery.

Thanks again Rob,

Beau 

Hi Beau,

You are most welcome my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: