Views
Helpful
Replies

spa303 cfwd is not working

h.beyer01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a spa303 what is connected to a fritzbox 7490. A normal call is possible and the configuration looks well. Furthermore I have connected a VoIP-intercom to the fritzbox and if somebody is pushing the calling button by this intercom it is calling the spa303.This connection is working too. But my problem is the cfwd function. For the case that the operator is out of office he wants to get all calls on his mobile phone. If I switch on the cfwd function, I get the busy tone from the spa303 when i try to call it.

Where is the mistake? I hope that you can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Holger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

At the first, remove the capture.zip from your previous comment. It contain so many unrelated and sensitive packets. I trimmed both capture files down to contain only packets related to the issue.

According dump, your are calling from a 2N Phone device, phone number 621 via Fritz Box 7490 to a SPA303 (fw. ver 7.5.2) phone number 620.

In 11:34 dump the call forward unconditional to 01733893873 is configured on SPA303.

I will describe the call setup step by step. Lets go.

1-3: call INVITE from 2N to Fritzbox (I will call it A-leg)

4-5: call INVITE from Fritzbox to SPA303 (I will call it B-leg)

6: SPA303 claim call forward unconditional to 01733893873

7: Fritzbox confirm he accepted the order (it close the B-leg dialog)

8-9: Fritzbox cancell the A-leg with "486 Busy" completion code

Conclusion ? There's nothing you can do with it on either 2N or SPA303 side. Fritzbox seems to claim the 01733893873 is busy. It may be because it's unable to call such number or it's not willing to call it (because of policy or call restrictions configured).

You should inspect Fritzbox configuration and their logs. You may consider to ask in a Fritzbox-related forum for help.

This post contain information related to other's site thus it may contain information considered Sensitive or Confidential.

Consider rating of helpfull comments. It may help others to found solutions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may be caused by SPA303, but forward request may be rejected by Fritzbox 7490 as well.

We have no informations enough to decide.

Capture a SIP session between SPA303 and Fritzbox. It should help you to identify who's quilty. If you are unable to analyze the SIP dialog, attach it here, I will help you. Note that SIP session may disclose calling and called numbers.

Hello Dan,

thanks for your answer. I have captured 2 files from the fritz!box. The first from 11:34 is a file where the call is canceled (cfwd on). The second, from 11:38 file is a call where cfwd is off.

Kind regards

Holger

At the first, remove the capture.zip from your previous comment. It contain so many unrelated and sensitive packets. I trimmed both capture files down to contain only packets related to the issue.

According dump, your are calling from a 2N Phone device, phone number 621 via Fritz Box 7490 to a SPA303 (fw. ver 7.5.2) phone number 620.

In 11:34 dump the call forward unconditional to 01733893873 is configured on SPA303.

I will describe the call setup step by step. Lets go.

1-3: call INVITE from 2N to Fritzbox (I will call it A-leg)

4-5: call INVITE from Fritzbox to SPA303 (I will call it B-leg)

6: SPA303 claim call forward unconditional to 01733893873

7: Fritzbox confirm he accepted the order (it close the B-leg dialog)

8-9: Fritzbox cancell the A-leg with "486 Busy" completion code

Conclusion ? There's nothing you can do with it on either 2N or SPA303 side. Fritzbox seems to claim the 01733893873 is busy. It may be because it's unable to call such number or it's not willing to call it (because of policy or call restrictions configured).

You should inspect Fritzbox configuration and their logs. You may consider to ask in a Fritzbox-related forum for help.

This post contain information related to other's site thus it may contain information considered Sensitive or Confidential.

Consider rating of helpfull comments. It may help others to found solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: