cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset menu password on C90

Michael Koehler
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the menu password on a C90 v7.3.3?

I run through an IPDC and Market Central switch for classified/unclassified.  Would a factory reset break any configuration related to those components?

I have SSH access, but can't seem to get the web interface.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

xCommand SystemUnit MenuPassword Set Password:"" clears the existing password.

Factory reset would most probably break those configs as this will reset settings to default values.

To maybe, give you a clue as to why you can't access web gui, ssh into the box go systemtools network netstat - if webserver is running you should see ports 80 and/or 443 in the list. Turn on/off using xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP (and/or HTTPS) Mode: <Off, On>

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

xCommand SystemUnit MenuPassword Set Password:"" clears the existing password.

Factory reset would most probably break those configs as this will reset settings to default values.

To maybe, give you a clue as to why you can't access web gui, ssh into the box go systemtools network netstat - if webserver is running you should see ports 80 and/or 443 in the list. Turn on/off using xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP (and/or HTTPS) Mode: <Off, On>

/jens

Thank you Jens.  That did the trick.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To reset the password that is used to access the on screen menu use the API command Jens provided using SSH.

Factory reset would clear all configuration of the codec, and resotre all settings to default including accounts and passwords.

Are you saying you can't browse to the web interface or you can't login, have you tried to login using the the admin account you used to log into SSH?

I've resolved this.  Turns out the codec didn't like my version of IE.  It would say something like "authentication sucessful", then "redirecting" and dump me right back to the login screen.  Worked like a charm when I put Firefox on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: