Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with busy on call redirect

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

1st I want to say that i DID search but all the solutions I found didn't work.

We have a support team that have two extensions configured on each device, like this:

1st ext: 6666 > CALL FWD ALL TO > 6661

2nd ext: 96666

6661 is the thrigger of the contact center script.

This scripts basically treats the call and check if the calling nr is a privilleged, semiprivilleged or ordinary call, and take actions based on it.

If a call is privilleged the script send it back to the 2nd line (6666 goes to 96666) and the attendant receives the call.

Problem is that when the 2nd line is busy, the script gets stucked (the caller sees the label/description on the screen meanwhile) and after some seconds it sends busy tone.

People who calls think that we are not answering the phone, while it is not true... the script didn't manage to send busy tone imediatly.

Config is basically a CALL REDIRECT and in Busy sends to END (Terminate Triggering Contact and then end).

What i've tried:

Put End directly within busy 

Put terminate within busy

Put another call redirect to "BUSY"

Changed to Call Consult Transfer

Tried to send the call back to the caller itself (to force a busy tone)

All of them faces same symptom.

I did ran debugs (sending mails) to be sure that the call was entering correctly in BUSy.

Thanks in advance... i'm getting crazy

UCCX version 8.5.1

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Attach the script in question along with the screenshot of Application Management page showing the value of variables if set from there

2) If a call is privilleged the script send it back to the 2nd line (6666 goes to 96666) and the attendant receives the call.

1st ext: 6666 > CALL FWD ALL TO > 6661

2nd ext: 96666

What do you mean by this line. At one point, you are saying 6666 is doing CFA to 6661. At other point, you are saying call is sent to 2nd line (6666 goes to 96666)

3) What exactly you want if the second line is busy. I am assuming you want immediate fast busy. Please note UCCX is only doing the logical call routing when you use the Call Redirect step. Playing busy tone, fast busy whatever is still controlled by CUCM. Try setting the Busy Trigger on 2nd line/extension to 1 and see what the beahviour is.

Regards

Deepak

What i mean is that 6666 FWD ALL to 6661,

It triggers the script that send it back to same device's SECOND line > 96666.

What i want is to send a simple busy signal.

I forgot to mention, but i had already changed the busy trigger to 1 in CUCM.

Did you get my point?

Sounds quite simple, but it doesn't work.

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

I saw some recommendation of a palliative solution that is put a prompt to play busy tone... but it won't allow the caller to put a redial on it... 

I can't accept that it is a bug or doesn't have a simple solution.

:(

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to play a busy tone prompt, but it delays the prompt for 2... 3 seconds... for the caller extension it seems that the destination is not answering the phone, while it actually is busy!

Anyone?