Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Multiple Static WAN IP address on RV320 Router

Having installed the RV320 router and configured the WAN1 as as PPoE as the ADSL routers is configured as bridge.

I have a requirment to configure a number static IP address allocated by the provider, on a diffrenet subnet to the WAN IP. I need to NAT these global addresses to the internal private address but can find out how.

When configuring the the one-to-one NAT the router complains the IP need to be in the same subnet as the WAN.

"This IP address should be in WAN Subnet IP range."

Is the only option to put the public IP address on the device I am trying to make publicly avaliable or can does it need the public IP address configured on the router like a loopback somewhere.

4 Replies 4

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for contacting Cisco,

WAN1 or WAN2 on the RV320 only supports one IP address.  This is a limit on the device.  Also, the one to one NAT is the function to allow public access to private servers.  However, the public IP must be in the same subnet as the WAN IP.  Another limitation.

Best Regards,

In reference  to Andrew's question.

Can Someone recommend  a router ( preferably in the RV series or other similar device) which does support multiple IP addresses on a single wan port

Requirement being 2 mail servers on same subnet  or on individual Vlan. ISP providing multiple public Ip addresses on the 1 service

Thanks

Adam

Hello Adam,

Please be advised that our Cisco Small Business routers do not support more than one IP address on the WAN port.

As a resolution for your goal, please check this article on how to configure One-to-One NAT:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=f6916a7709cb43d38d74bd6ef3e8d0a2_Configure_One_toOne_Network_Address_Translation__NAT__on_RV3.xml

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

I have a range of 5 static IPs from my ISP via their cable modem. You stated that the small business routers do not support multiple IP addresses on the WAN port. I am currently using 1 address for a webserver and 1 for a database server. Two weeks ago, I configured both servers on the RV325 with the cable gateway being X.X.X.177, the router was assigned X.X.X.178 on WAN1, the web server was X.X.X.179 and the db server was X.X.X.180. Both servers were receiving their individual requests on their respective addresses for two weeks until the cable modem was reset by the provider and it broke the ability for the the statics to see the internet or for the statics to be seen publicly (there were no changes to the router config). I have defaulted to plugging the two servers directly into the cable modem while I try to resolve this. 

From what you said in your statement, it sounds like what worked for two weeks shouldn't have worked at all. Now when I try to configure something similar, all that can be seen publicly is whatever address is assigned to the RV325 WAN. 

1. Is it impossible for the webserver and the db server to each hang off the RV325 and each respond to their respective static IPs, along with the other subnets I need to create?

2. Will one-to-one NAT solve this issue and allow both servers to respond to their respective public IP addresses, along with the other subnets I need to create?

3. If the RV325 will not accomplish what I need, then what device range should I be looking at?

I wouldn't be so confused if it didn't work for two weeks and now I cna't make it work the same way again.

Thanks for your help,

Wade