Replies

CUBE ad-hoc transcoding

kamil.bockay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a following setup:

Phone -sip/sccp-CUCM -sip- CUBE -sip-PSTN

on cube, I have an incoming and outgoing dial-peer configured with a voice-class codec that includes g729 and g711 codecs.

Phone is on a remote location with low bandwidth and region settings to SIP trunk allows only g729 codec.

Now, when the call goes through CUBE, only g729 codec is advertised in SDP - it makes sense.

What I want to do is to advertise all codecs to PSTN provider and invoke the transcoder on CUBE based on the answer from PSTN if neccessary.

So I'll receive only g729 codec in INVITE  from CUCM, but I'll send g729 and g711 in INVITE to provider. And in case remote site only supports g711, I'll use a local transcoder on CUBE to transcode the RTP.

Is it possible to configure it like this ?

Can someone help with such a configuration ?  

Thanks

Kamil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps you can try this.

voice-class codec tag [offer-all]

Example:

Router(config-dial-peer)# voice-class codec 10 offer-all

Adds all the configured voice class codec to the outgoing offer from the Cisco UBE.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/15_0/vb_15_0_Book/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1460055

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kamil,

You can achieve this using voice class codec

Voice-Class Codecs on CUBE

Voice-class codecs are used for CUBE in order to offer multiple codecs when calls use a particular VoIP dial-peer. This is the same as it was on a Cisco IOS Voice Gateway, but when it is a CUBE, codecs are filtered from one VoIP call leg to the other. It uses codecs that are available on both the incoming dial-peer and the outgoing dial-peer. The codecs that match both are sent offers. When CUBE receives a SIP message with Session Description Protocol (SDP), it also matches this against the voice-class codecs. This allows CUBE to filter codecs based on what is received from the SIP message with SDP, the inbound dial-peer, and the outbound dial-peer. The other SIP User Agent (UA) then responds to the codecs offered.

The voice-class codec in the previous image contains three codecs, g729r8, g711ulaw, or g711alaw. The image shows them in the order in which the Cisco IOS gateway prioritizes how the codecs are offered to the far end.  Voice-class codecs are applied to dial-peers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117300-configure-cube-00.html#anc8

HTH

Manish

Perhaps you can try this.

voice-class codec tag [offer-all]

Example:

Router(config-dial-peer)# voice-class codec 10 offer-all

Adds all the configured voice class codec to the outgoing offer from the Cisco UBE.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/15_0/vb_15_0_Book/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1460055

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

kamil.bockay
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I had to upgrade the IOS , but nowt it's working great.

I was testing it with old IOS, where offer-all option was not available.

Kamil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: