cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect support for the 1850 Access Points

JASON SIMMONS
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone have an idea when FlexConnect mode will be supported for the 1850 access points?

15 Replies 15

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

What controller and version are you running?

The 1850 data sheet lists flexconnect as supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1850-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-734256.html

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Agreed.  It says it does.  But what you (and I) missed is that little asterik next to the FlexConnect trademark...

5508 WLC running 8.1.111.0

The release notes for the version I'm running and version 8.1.122.0 say its not supported.  

Ahh well look at that. Emphasis on the word little. 

Also not available with 8.1.131.0

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Features Not Supported on Cisco Aironet 1850 APs

Refer the link : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn81mr1.html#pgfId-1301299

JASON SIMMONS
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone know why it isn't supported and if there is a time table on when it will be?

No idea. You would have to get with yoru account team and hav ethem push the inquiry with the business unit. They would be able to check on development status.

dear,

upgrade it to 8.2, according to the release its now supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn82mr1.html#pgfId-1437193

I have 8.2.100.0 and it is not supported here

as I've read in the release notes the first IOS that removes the comment is 8.2.110.0

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a working 1830/1850 access point with flexconnect and 8.2.121.0?

Yep I do.

Can you be a little more explicit about what you need to know?  What sort of setup in so far as controllers?  Are you running a supported version of code?

Thanks for your fast reply. I'm currently running two 5520 controllers with version 8.2.121.0. In the past we used 1702 access points and now we want to switch to the latest models. Just wanted to verify if this version is supporting flexconnect with this kind of access points now.

Yes - it does.  The config from your controller is the same as any other AP - select FlexConnect from the dropdown box in the GUI.  Works just fine.

Note that the version of WLC software that you are running is deferred.  To pick up lots of good bug fixes you might want to move to 8.2.130.0 .  As these APs are still relatively new (new architecture and new OS on the APs) there are still lots of important functionality and stability fixes going into the MR's.

[Don't move to 8.3 yet, stay on 8.2]

OK I'll schedule an update for January. Thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: