Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS SNMP and SolarWinds

lars.p.olsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Supportforum,

Running a UCS on FI 6248 and C220 M4S in dual datacenter setup managed by Central (UCSM 2.2(5b) and UCSC 1.3(1b))  and trying to incorporate the Solarwinds (Platform 2015.1.2, QoE 2.0, IPAM 4.3, NCM 7.4, NPM 11.5.2, NTA 4.1.1, Toolset 11.0.1, UDT 3.2.2, IVIM 2.1.0, VNQM 4.2.2) monitoring of the equipment.

I am not a Solarwinds Expert, so trying to look up possible solutions inside the UCS scope.

Wondering if anyone has any experience they are willing to share, as I am facing some issues that I would imagine others could have bumped into as well.

When discovering the 2 by 2 FI (2 in each datacenter) I get the 3 FI's imported correctly into Solarwinds, but trying to discover the last one just gives a "Test Fail". Is it possible to see from the UCS side of things if there is anything obstructing this communication ?

On the working FI's I would like to be able to monitor the Compute Nodes (C220's) as well but Solarwinds does not really autodetect them, should I enable anything inside UCSC that should allow this or is it not possible at all ?

I am aware not all are familiar with Central, but changing things directly in Managers is either not possible or not advisable due to Central is locking the Managers, so I need a solution that preferrably is doable from Central -thanks. 

Thaks a lot, your inputs are appreciated.

Rgds

Lars

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card