cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming caller gets busy signals or the call goes dead

pmurphy42
Level 1
Level 1

External callers are getting either busy signals or the phone line goes dead after 3 seconds.  I have contacted our T1 provider but they believe the problem is within our CME system.  I am not sure where to start troubleshooting this problem.  Any suggestions?

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can start by posting your configuration and letting us know what trunk type you have.

Also, are outbound calls working?

We are using the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express. Software version is 15.2/CME 9.0.  with 2 PRI trunk lines.  Outbound calls work fine. 

Can you please make a test call run below debugs. also i see you have bunch of SIP and SCCP phone. are you calling to SIP from outside or SCCP one.

Debug isdn q931

debug voice ccapi inout

Br,
Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I am using a cell phone to call into the main number.  It should go into an automated attendent but it gives three beeps and then dead.  I am not sure how to capture the debug.  I turned it on but when I call I do not get any information.  Can you help me with the debug.

Thanks

Hi,

are you able to call the 'External Callers', in other words, the outbound calls are OK?

As Nadeem Ahmed already described ... use the following commands in the CME and after that make an inbound call:

#terminal monitor
#debug voice ccapi inout

Hope this helps

Seems like you are using Hunting once the call land on your AA pilot ? Please confirm the what is HUNT GROUP PILOT NUMBER/AA number?

as mentioned above by Marcelo, please collect the debugs

Br,

Nadeem

I am using a hunt group

voice hunt-group 8 parallel

final 1458

list 1460,1465,1466,1452,1458,1454,1459,1449,1456

timeout 15

pilot 1467

I just ran the debug commands and called in and now the calls are going through.  I have tried 14 times and have success each time.  Most employees have gone home so perhaps no one is on the system? 

Do you think that the system can't handle the call volume?

not sure if its happening only in office hours when there is high traffic could be one of the reason. But only logs can reveal.

Br,
Nadeem

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Thanks Nadeem Ahmed -

You have been very helpful - I will run the debug on Monday to pull the logs when there are people on the system.

Thanks for the help Marcelo - I was missing the terminal monitor command.

Do you think I am loosing connectivity to the Call Manager?  IF I run "no mgcp" and then "mgcp" do you think that would fix it?

If you are using CME there is no MGCP.

Please post your CME config (show run) and "debug isdn q931" for the unsuccessful call. 

Thanks for your help Chris.  I have attached the current config.  I deleted most of the phones config - I left a few so you can see what they all looked like.  I am running a debug right now and will post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: