cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

INSTALLING CUPS

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

I an trying to install this ova file cup_8.6.2_vmv7_v1.1 in vmware 6.0 but when I run it I get an error "missing operating system" is there something else that I should add

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

VMware 6.0 is not supported for this version. Please check the following

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Presence#Version_8.6.282.29

The max esxi version you can go with CUPS 8.6.2 is ESXi 5.0

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

VMware 6.0 is not supported for this version. Please check the following

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Presence#Version_8.6.282.29

The max esxi version you can go with CUPS 8.6.2 is ESXi 5.0

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

hi,

I have downgraded esxi to 5.0 but still not working is there anything else

Are you still getting the same error?

Manish

yes

Are you installing it on ucs or some other server?

If the ISO is already loaded to the VM, simply hit enter.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

you mean I should still have an iso image for this I deployed a virtual wireless controller with just an ova file and I thought this was like that . I am trying to set up a lab for CCIE collaboration. I have the cucm set up just missing cups and I dont have the iso image for it. Can I get a trial one from cisco? thank you

OVA just provides the settings for the application that needs to be installed. A bootable ISO is needed for the install. If this is the first time you are trying to create a VM and install a UC application you can refer one of the numerous videos on youtube for UC app install on a VM.

Manish

Yeah, for some applications, you should be able to tell a small file like the OVA from CUPS, which is very small, would not be the whole app, just the VM specs.

You can only get bootable images via PUT with a valid sales order.

If you're with a partner, you could buy the NFR kit, but I'm not sure they're selling still one for 8.x

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ova file cup_8.6.2_vmv7_v1.1 this one is simply an OVA to create the Virtual Machine and after deploying this, you should be able to see one VM created. After this, you also need a bootable ISO for Presence server as well in your datastore for the installation to go through.

Regards

Deepak