Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central - bug reporting

rsobey001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How do I go about reporting a bug in UCS Central? The TAC website wants a product serial number but I don't know how to obtain that.

I'll reply to this post with an explanation of the bug I think I've found anyway - perhaps it's just user error..

Thanks

Richard

7 Replies 7

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning Richard,

If you explain the bug to me I can go ahead and post it for you. You can reply on the forum or direct message me. I will also check if there is already a bug listed with that issue.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Thanks Qiese, that was quick. I've just posted the bug explanation.

Thanks Richard,

Let me look into this and I will get back to you. I will do a recreate in my lab and see if this is an actual issue or if it is working as intended. I appreciate you coming here with this information.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Hi Qiese

Have you had a chance to review this yet?

Thanks!

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay since the Holidays came I was swamped. Let me do the re-create today and I will get back to you.

If this is a bug I will also create a bug for you regarding these two issues and give you the link so we can track its development.

EDIT: It is looking like a bug.  I'm testing it on a few different browsers then will submit a bug and post the link for you.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Hi Richard,

I put into two bugs for you sorry for the delay in response.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux74667/?reffering_site=dumpcr

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux74676/?reffering_site=dumpcr

They are getting looked into.

rsobey001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using UCS Central version 1.3(1c) and trying to get Backup/Export Policies working. This bug, if it is a bug, also existed in 1.3(1b).

At DG root level I have successfully created a schedule, assigned it to a policy, and got it working. That's ok. What I cannot do is create additional schedules and be able to select the schedule from the drop down list.

Bug 1:

1) Create a schedule under DG root > Schedules. Call it whatever you like. Optionally add a one-time or recurring occurrence.

2) When you press OK, the new Schedule does NOT appear in the list of Schedules.

3) Log off UCS Central and log on again.

4) Verify the Schedule it now in the list.

Bug 2:

1) Navigate to DG root > Backup/Export Policy.

2) Choose either Full-State or Config-All policy.

3) On the Schedule drop down, try to select the previously created Schedule.

4) Verify that the Schedule is not available to pick.

In my particular case, I see two entries:

1) A Schedule that has previously been deleted.
2) Instead of a Schedule, I actually see an Occurrence entry.

Any recommendations on this? It doesn't seem like the correct behaviour... :)

EDIT: this is affecting both Google Chrome and IE. I'm running Windows 8.1.

EDIT2: On MacOS (10.7) /Safari (latest) the Schedule DOES appear without logging off and on again but the dropdown list is still wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card