cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Defence Center - Do I Need It?

ptbo2009npowers
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to run Defence Center to manage my FireSight 3d7050 devices? I only have 2 devices to manage but I don't see anywhere on the devices how to add policies or even view policies.

Thanks

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you need to have Defense center(Firesight) to manage Firepower 3D 7050 device to push policies , view events and basically configure everything.

If you have Firepower module on ASA ,then with new version 6.0 you can use ASDM to manage it and don't need Defense center. You would still need Defense center if you need extended event/logs capabilities.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you need to have Defense center(Firesight) to manage Firepower 3D 7050 device to push policies , view events and basically configure everything.

If you have Firepower module on ASA ,then with new version 6.0 you can use ASDM to manage it and don't need Defense center. You would still need Defense center if you need extended event/logs capabilities.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FirePOWER Management Center (current name as of version 6.0, formerly known as FireSIGHT Managment Center and Defense Center) is mandatory for all Series 3 devices.

It's higlhly recommended for all deployments except the very smallest (1-2 ASAs with FirePOWER modules).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card