Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 and Precision 60 Camera Control

ccr_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to use a vlan to connect camera control.

I usually use a direct ethernet cable between camera control port and SX80 port2 and it works great.

But with the following design it doesn't work :

SX80 PORT2 <----------> SWITCH <---------------> Precision 60 Control Port

Do you have any clue ?

Thanks for your help

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you're trying to do is an unsupported design, and hense the reason it doesn't work, the camera must be directly plugged into the codec. The camera must obtain an IP address from the SX80 and not of any other device such as a switch that is placed in between the codec and camera. 

Hi Patrick,

Codec have three Ethernet ports, what if i have more than three cameras to be connected to codec?

How should i connect camera physically for control? What should be configuration?

Regards

Vijay

You can connect an unmanaged switch to the SX80 and use it to expand the number of eithernet ports, the Touch 10 and cameras are connected to the SX80 via eithernet, take a look at the SX80 Install Guide for more information.

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

The only reason why you should use a switch between the codec and the camera if you need more ports and to be able to connect more peripherals on the codec. For example the the Touch 10 will utilize 1 ethernet port (port 2) on the codec,  then if you have 3 cameras to connect on the codec you will need a switch between ethernet port 3 of the codec and cameras.

There should be no VLAN configuration on the switch and DHCP pool on that VLAN since these cameras should obtain IP address from the codec as their DHCP server.

Sy

I have Cisco SX80 VC and I am using 4nos Cisco P60 cameras here. I want to control these cameras thr Crestron for look at me function.

I have connected all these cameras to Netgear switch ports and from switch i have connected to SX80 eth-3 port

4 different Camera -------- > Netgear Switch----------- > SX80 Eth port no 3

Is there any configuration need to done on camera (like ID assignment, IP configuration?) How Can i control all these four cameras?

Regards,

Vijay 

You'll connect the cameras to the SX80, because you have more peripherals than available eithernet ports on the SX80, you'll need connect the cameras to an unmanaged switch and it then to the SX80.  Camera control can be done through the API with the below command, refer to the SX Series API Guides.

xCommand Camera

Hi,
Patrick , Sorry for replying in others thread . Why can't we use an existing switch with L2 vlan ?
Thanks

As long as the SX80 and cameras are the only devices on the vLan, with nothing else is handing out IPs except the SX80, it should work, but I can't say for certain.