cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 525G on CUCM BE6K will not register?

Is there any reason that these phones will not work on BE6K 10.5?   I just cant seemt to get them to register!  Download XML.Dfault.cnf.xml is stuck in the display.   Does this file come from CUCM or the Router?   I know on the old UC500 they download from router flash.   Upgrading the client from UC500 to BE6K and they have many of these SPA-525G phones! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but all those SPA/SMB phones are not natively supported in CUCM, they're all considered to be Sip 3rd party endpoints in CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but all those SPA/SMB phones are not natively supported in CUCM, they're all considered to be Sip 3rd party endpoints in CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie thank you, but I am still need to decode your reponse.  "Yes", means they will work or they will not work?  Yes meanss, the fie comes from the CUCM or does it come from the router?  I now understand they are 3ard party, so I guess that means follow procedure for adding third party sip devices?

Treating them as third party sip devices worked. What a drag how however, that means no self provisioning?  YOu have to assigned the phone to the users, defeats the entire purpose of self provisioning, not to mention auto registraiton, but you were right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: