cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DDNS disabled on RV325

Lee Buck
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to setup DynDNS on my RV325.  when i save changes for WAN1, i get an error message "DDNS function is disabled or no internet service"

i have an active DynDNS account and use it successfully on my RV042 router.

my RV325 is using the latest firmware 1.2.1.14.

"no internet" is NOT the problem.  what is wrong in the router that DDNS will not activate?

fyi - KB Article ID: 4176  even explains how to set this up for the RV325 (admittedly for older firmware and the interface does not look like that article)

Help appreciated.

thanks

7 Replies 7

Lee Buck
Level 1
Level 1

any thoughts?

thanks.

David Burns
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same exact problem with NOIP. It used to work, then suddenly stopped. On the DDNS screen, it shows the internet IP as 0.0.0.0.

David -- what firmware version are you using?  (i assume you are using an RV325, also??)

Yep.. RV325 Firmware: 1.2.1.14

Shows the following, yet the WAN has an IP address, and internet works perfectly. Seems clear there's a pretty bad bug that got by QA. Hopefully Cisco acknowledges the issue & addresses it soon. 

Internet IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Status: DDNS function is disabled or No Internet connection.

David -- i have not specified my DNS servers.  it is done automatically by my ISP.  apologies for the confusion but i don't understand what setup page you are looking at.

something very odd has occurred however since i posted this query.  when i went back in to check the router and see what was going on after your last post, my DDNS status showed enabled -- and all has been working fine(!?) -- without me changing anything -- using mostly default settings.

needless to say, i am happy mine is working but i can't explain what changed.

David Burns
Level 1
Level 1

I think I found the bug:

In network settings, have you specified your DNS servers? I have DHCP with my DNS servers specified as I use the Cisco gateway as a DNS relay to my internal DNS server.

As soon as I unchecked that box, DDNS resumes (although it still shows 0.0.0.0 as my IP address in the DDNS section). It still seems to update NO IP correctly. As soon as I change it back to specify my DNS server though, it breaks. 

hello, i tested this change you commented, but still not working..

Anyone know how to get external IP instead of the internal IP(192.168.0.254)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: