Views
Helpful
Replies

Alerting Name on Cisco phone

shafi7002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have created a translation pattern on CM like - Translation Pattern: 1111 to Called Party Transform Mask : 9011918147038626 (PSTN number) and call is going with no issues.

When i'm dialing 1111, my ip phone display is showing like, To 901191984712345. instead of showing this number (To:901191984712345) i need to show like "User support" on my ip phone screen. Can some one please help me on this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple of options:

1. Delete the translation pattern, create a DN and call forward all to the external number.

2. Change the following service parameters to apply to all translations.

Configure the Service Parameter for Connected Number Display Restriction

The connected number display restriction restricts the connected line ID presentation to dialed digits only. This option addresses customer privacy issues as well as connected number displays that are meaningless to phone users.

Procedure
    Step 1   In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose System > Service Parameters.
    Step 2   Select the server where the Cisco CallManager service runs, and then select the Cisco CallManager service.
    Step 3   Set the Always Display Original Dialed Number service parameter to True to enable this feature.

The default setting is False.

Step 4   (Optional)Set the Name Display for Original Dialed Number When Translated service parameter.

The default setting displays the alerting name of the original dialed number before translation. You can change this parameter to display the alerting name of the dialed number after translation. This parameter is not applicable if the Always Display Original Number service parameter is set to False.

Step 5   Click Save.

View solution in original post

Yes, the service parameter will affect all forwarded/translated calls. I would recommend option 1 if you want this to work only for 1111. Configure the alerting name in DN configuration for 1111.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
    VIP Alumni
    VIP Alumni

Couple of options:

1. Delete the translation pattern, create a DN and call forward all to the external number.

2. Change the following service parameters to apply to all translations.

Configure the Service Parameter for Connected Number Display Restriction

The connected number display restriction restricts the connected line ID presentation to dialed digits only. This option addresses customer privacy issues as well as connected number displays that are meaningless to phone users.

Procedure
      Step 1   In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose System > Service Parameters.
      Step 2   Select the server where the Cisco CallManager service runs, and then select the Cisco CallManager service.
      Step 3   Set the Always Display Original Dialed Number service parameter to True to enable this feature.

The default setting is False.

Step 4   (Optional)Set the Name Display for Original Dialed Number When Translated service parameter.

The default setting displays the alerting name of the original dialed number before translation. You can change this parameter to display the alerting name of the dialed number after translation. This parameter is not applicable if the Always Display Original Number service parameter is set to False.

Step 5   Click Save.

Thank you Brandom!!!

If i'm changing this on service parameter, will it affect all calls (like call forwarding)? i need to  display only for 1111.  also if i'm changing this where i need to setup the name "User support"

Note : 1111 number is our global number, all user phone need to show like "User suppor " on their display while dialing 1111. (same call manager).

Yes, the service parameter will affect all forwarded/translated calls. I would recommend option 1 if you want this to work only for 1111. Configure the alerting name in DN configuration for 1111.

Brandon

It is very helpful. The issue is resolved. Thank you for the information.