Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot find registry settings on CUAC 11.0.1 Client

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have the misfortune to be trying to install Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced 11.0(1) for a customer.

I have installed the client application and now want to modify the registry so that the Call Park window is removed.

The procedure to do this is on page 34 of the version 11.0(1) Troubleshooting Guide and states that I have to use Regedit and browse to:

HKLM > Software > Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults

The Arc Solutions entry does not exist.

It also does not exist under

HKLM > Software > Wow6432Node

If I search the entire registry for Arc Solutions I do not get any hits.

Does anyone know how to access the registry keys for this application? - I have wasted more time on this than configuring CUCM!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The option to remove call park window is now under --> Operator software window > View > Uncheck "Call Park" that should do it

I have attached a screen shot for reference.

Its mentioned under "Menu bar" table here (Chap 1, table 1-3, pdf page 15) -

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/11_0_1/user_guide/eng/CUACA1101CUG_eng.pdf

HTH

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't have AC in front of me, but do you see any Cisco keys with those values? Perhaps Cisco finally rebranded ARC console for their OEM release.

Nope - no keys seem available at all - I have searched for various entries that should be there.

From MD Hasan's answer above it seems that some of the functionality that required registry changes can now be done from the client. It is a shame that the 11.x docs still direct you to the registry.

Thanks for responding

I actually tried to find the registry key that points to Removing the Park window in 11.x guide couldn't find it as per mention. If someone can be a bit more exact, we can move the legacy keys from guide.

And yes, CUAC did move some of the registry keys to options, hopefully all will be moved in the future!!

Hi MD,

From this guide (page 34 as James kindly noted);

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/11_0_1/troubleshooting/CUACA1101TSG.pdf

Remove Call Park Window If customer is not using the Call Park functionality with Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced, they can remove this window from the screen. To hide the Call Park window, do the following: Step 1 On the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced client PC, log in to the machine as Local Administrator. Step 2 Ensure that all Cisco applications are closed. Step 3 Select Start > Run, and then, in Open, type Regedit. The Windows Registry Editor opens. Step 4 Browse to HKLM > Software > Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults. Step 5 Locate the Allow Call Parking registry key, double-click it, change the value to No, and then click OK. Step 6 Close the registry editor, and reopen the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced application. The call park window has been removed.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'll open up a bug to remove the section. May take sometime. Opened bug CSCux79211 to remove the section.

Thank you all

Hi, is there a way to preconfigure the Console with some options so that the operator just need to login and starting using it without hopping through the options menue? In previous versions, we just modifed the registry when pushing the software to the operators client. This is not possible anymore :-(

Where does the client saves its options parameters if not in the registry?

René

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The option to remove call park window is now under --> Operator software window > View > Uncheck "Call Park" that should do it

I have attached a screen shot for reference.

Its mentioned under "Menu bar" table here (Chap 1, table 1-3, pdf page 15) -

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/11_0_1/user_guide/eng/CUACA1101CUG_eng.pdf

HTH

Thank you!

I never even looked under there.

Much appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: