Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway E v8.5.1 // Change Source URI for Outgoing Call

I am trying to change the source URI for calls originating from our internal network going out to the internet.  We have an internal domain that is not routable on the internet and would like to change it to the routable domain. 

Example:

Internal Domain = int.company.com

External Domain = company.com

I have been trying to use a CPL script on Expressway E (Version 8.5.1) to accomplish this, but it is not working for some reason.  Here is the latest CPL I am trying to use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<cpl xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl"
     xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions"
     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
     xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">
       <taa:routed>
         <taa:rule-switch>
           <taa:rule origin=".*" destination=".*">
             <taa:location clear="yes" regex="(.*)" replace="\1" source-url-for-message-regex="(.*)@int.company.com" source-url-for-message-replace="\1@company.com">
               <taa:proxy/>
             </taa:location>
           </taa:rule>
         </taa:rule-switch>
       </taa:routed>
</cpl>

Anyone have any ideas why this would not be working?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the example in this thread for reference, ask-expert-cisco-telepresence-enterprise, as well as the CPL Reference material in the Expressway Admin Guides.

You need to change your origin to match your internal domain, instead of matching any incoming/outgoing call, see below.

<taa:rule origin=".*@int.company.com" destination=".*">

Everything else is fine, I tested it with a codec here using your example domains and the called endpoint showed the correct source address.  Do you have a CPL in place to change the external domain to internal for any incoming calls from outside your organization so they can match the domain used for your registered endpoints?  Attached is an example CPL based on the one you posted where it will change outgoing calls to use the external domain, and incoming calls to use the internal domain.

Also, for future reference, just saying "it's not working" doesn't provide any information of what is going on.  Sometimes you can get lucky and see the issue, but other times we more detailed information or see what is happening to better help figure out where the issue is.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the example in this thread for reference, ask-expert-cisco-telepresence-enterprise, as well as the CPL Reference material in the Expressway Admin Guides.

You need to change your origin to match your internal domain, instead of matching any incoming/outgoing call, see below.

<taa:rule origin=".*@int.company.com" destination=".*">

Everything else is fine, I tested it with a codec here using your example domains and the called endpoint showed the correct source address.  Do you have a CPL in place to change the external domain to internal for any incoming calls from outside your organization so they can match the domain used for your registered endpoints?  Attached is an example CPL based on the one you posted where it will change outgoing calls to use the external domain, and incoming calls to use the internal domain.

Also, for future reference, just saying "it's not working" doesn't provide any information of what is going on.  Sometimes you can get lucky and see the issue, but other times we more detailed information or see what is happening to better help figure out where the issue is.

Thanks!  That worked great!

We did have the inbound working, but did not use a CPL script.  We made the change for the inbound URI on the search rule on the expressway C that pointed to CUCM.

Glad it's working for you!

Using search rules for the inbound works as well and is actually easier to manage than through CPL.  I wasn't sure if you had that part configured yet or thought of it, so I provided an example of both outbound and inbound CPL rules.  Downside to using a search rule for the inbound call is one might forget the corresponding outbound rule must be managed via CPL.  Which forces the admin to have to remember if you change one, you need to change the other, however it might not be so easy to remember since they'd be configured in two different places.