cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Cannot communicate with the server and the connection has timed out

luismgallop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

Recently I'm facing a problem with my Cisco Jabber he show me the next message: 

Everything was working fine but suddenly this message appear. I have two IM&P server with High Availability in Active-Standby mode. The version of my two IM&P server is 10.5.2.21900-4.

All the users are assigned to IM&P Publisher 10.255.100.18, the IM&P 10.255.100.19 is the secondary server as a failover. 

I can ping both servers from my PC, so I think is not a problem with network connectivity. I already did a Cisco Tomcat restart on the IM&P Publisher and I'm still having the problem .  

Right now there are some users registered, but they attempted to register like three or four times before they could do it.

To register we put the IM&P presence IP manually on the Jabber Client. 

I don't have any idea what is happening, I really appreciate if somebody could help me to solve this issue.

Thanks!    

4 Replies 4

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There could be multiple sources to this issue. Since manual log in works there is no issue on the IM&P side. Most likely this is Jabber unable to discovery IM&P Server/Service from Call Manager or it cannot communicate with call manager at all.

Couple of things to check:

- if DNS SRV is pointing to the correct Call manager server (_cisco-uds._tcp.<domain>).

You can use 'nslookup' from command line of the PC

then do a 'set type=SRV'

then type '_cisco-uds._tcp.<domain>' <-- this should give the CUCM ip address

- If the user on call manager has the correct UC Service Profile

- If the Service Profile has the proper UC Service with IM and Presence Server mentioned

- if the IM and Presence checkbox checked under User Management > End User > .. user

- If the Home cluster checkbox check for the user

- if it is possible to log into call manger self care portal (http:\\<cucm_ip>\ccmuser)

Hello MD Hasan, 

Manual log is not working and I dont have any SRV records.

I checked all the points that you mentioned and everything is well configured. 

Another idea? 

Thank You! 

If you believe everything is configured properly, and that configuration is not the issue, look for network issues, if no avail, look at a PRT to pinpoint the problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Guys, 

I had a conversation with TAC, and they told the follow errors was ocurring: 

@XmppSDK: #0, TLS handshake failed!

@XmppSDK: #0, CXmppClient::HandleAsyncDisconnect ,ConErrorCode:24

@XmppSDK: #0, CXmppClient::HandleAsyncDisconnect ,ConErrorCode:17

The only way to resolved this problem was a restart on my IMnP cluster.  Right now everything is working like a charm.