Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration validaton with Publisher failed

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

I am trying to install a subscriber to my existing publisher. But im getting configuration validation failed with the publisher. I have on the publisher configured the intended subscriber IP address

My publisher is not configured with any dns hostname/client. Under Server configuration --> ip address

1. Is it a must for my publisher to be assigned a dns resolvable hostname in order for subscriber to be installed and paired with it
  2. What will happen to my publisher if I were to change Under Server configuration --> from ip address to hostname BUT WITHOUT a VALID DNS SERVER ENTRY? By doing this Will I bring down the whole production CUCM?
  3. Is there any other walkaround solution to install the subscriber?
5 Replies 5

Hi,

whats your cucm version? just make sure the security password is exactly same while configuring the subscriber.

we also have a defect on the version 8.6: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCub14050

how would you describe a publisher while installing the subscriber without an IP address, its a must  and The System->Server field in the CCMAdmin web page is a very important setting.  It can have one of three values, IP address, Hostname or the FQDN.

regards,

-Do rate helpful posts.

In addition to what Venperum has asked, need to know the exact CUCM version .If u are using 8.6, do u have enough Node licenses just guessing.

the security password should be same while adding node in cluster.

regds,

aman

Hi Venperum

Thanks

im on CUCM 10.5, security password is accurate

Yes of course, it must have either an IP Address/Hostname.

Currently it is configured with an IP Address, my question is: what if i give it a hostname but it is not resolvable by the DNS server. Will i get locked out of the CUCM?

Fyi there is no DNS server currently in the network(Not ready)

Hi Vansen,

refer the discussion if it helps

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12451881/cucm-105-fresh-install-suscribers-fails

regds,

aman

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Looks like i got this sorted.

By key-ing in the secret key again, and also make sure NTP server/time is up

DNS did not quite matter in my case