cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber doesn't send message when I hit enter

starmate20161
Level 1
Level 1

As described above Jabber doesn't work. When I hit enter it only acts as if I hit shift+enter, jups down a line, but doesn't send my message. Relogging helped so far, but this morning I have already relogged three times and it didn't help. Can you help me please? 

Your help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

4 Replies 4

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug for the exact same behaviour but the status is terminated, ie. development will not work in it and no further action will be taken.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv97427/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Regards,

Ankoor Bek

We were able to resolve this issue by logging out, then selecting FILE and then clicking RESET CISCO JABBER..  Basically this resets Jabber to "factory default" settings and that took care of it for me...

Thanks Dan. I haven't encountered the error since, but good advice, I'll try it next time. 

rjulius
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Still happens in 2019. Basically, look for a dialog box in the main Jabber window (not where the conversations are, but the control window). Dialog is asking for your response. Could be a "script running, terminate?" message, or a security certificate message. Anyway, whenever Jabber presents you with a dialog in that main console, you will get this problem in the conversation pane.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: