Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to move VM's to another extension

sprintership-il
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

I have CCUM 8.X and Cisco Unity. I am wonder how I can move / copy all voice mails of one particular user. After that assign that voicemail to another user / extension.

Sounds a bit of complicated but just wonder if there is any way to achieve that. Thank You

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adam,

If I'm on the right track with what you are trying to accomplish it's not really hard to do at all.

Let's say Tom is @ DN 5555 but he's moving on to a new position with a new number and Sally is taking over 5555. In CUC admin you can search for Tom and change the extension to a spare number (can be any unused number) > save (this will be only until his new permanent DN is available). This will move all of Tom's voicemail messages, greetings, notification devices etc. over to the new DN and 5555 is now free to configure for Sally.

Let me know if I'm way off base with what you're trying to do and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Rob

I lost all voice mails while moving vm boxes between the two extensions. Its not a big deal for me. But the way worked for me. Thank You for Your Help. -A