cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.5, The procedure entry point could not be located Meeting Service.dll

jasoncoxlee
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading from Jabber 11.1.2 to 11.5.0, Jabber runs fine until I restart my computer.  After a reboot a get the following message "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\MeetingService\MeetingService.dll". After clicking "OK" the box goes away and immediately comes back.

I have tried uninstalling and reverting to 11.1 and it works fine.  Then try uninstalling using the uninstaller, and reinstalling 11.5.  Works fine until reboot at which point I get the error again.

Has anyone else seen this specific issue and been able to resolve and stay at 11.5?

16 Replies 16

Jason.Hill2016
Level 1
Level 1

Yes we are seeing this I was asked to package test & deploy 11.5 due to some security issues with previous versions recently reported.

http://www.itnews.com.au/news/cisco-owns-up-to-man-in-the-middle-vulnerability-in-chat-client-413298?eid=65&edate=20160112&utm_source=20160112&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=sc_weekly

On first run I see the same error if you check windows event logs you should see

Application popup: JabberNotificationControllerWindow: CiscoJabber.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point ?enqueueBlock@ServicesDispatcher@CSFUnified@@QAEXV?$function@$$A6AXXZ@boost@@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library ServicesFramework.dll.

Post error I've also found 11.5 to be very very unstable it crashes quite a lot

We updated due to the same vulnerability.  I hope there's is another update in the near future to fix this buggy version.

Pleased to hear I'm not the only one seeing the issues, My test users have reported crashing

Wow this is defiantly buggy I found another cool bug I had a ‘Conversations’ window open with chats from multiple people if I click one the people in the left hand column it updates the header but not the body of the window leaving me with the same chat text from another person but with the title and name of somebody else .

I was able to resolve my particular issue by uninstalling Jabber, deleting the .dll and .xml files located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\MeetingService

MeetingService.dll

MeetingService.xml

And then reinstalling Jabber 11.5.

After restarting Jabber I am no longer getting the error messages.  The meetings tab is still updating normally, but the deleted files did not come back as I expected them to.  Maybe left over from an old Jabber version?

Cisco's official cause was corrupted system files on my PC. Maybe a future version will address these unnecessary files being left over, if that is the case.

From what I can see ServicesFramework.dll is defiantly required in 11.5 perhaps the MSI is not updating it or something similar I can see it referenced quite a few times if I create a verbose log file when I launch the MSI

MSI (s) (24:D0) [07:28:17:008]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\NewMeetingService\NewMeetingService.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (s) (24:D0) [07:28:21:283]: Executing op: FileCopy(SourceName=NEWMEE~1.DLL|NewMeetingService.dll,SourceCabKey=newmeetingservice.dll,DestName=NewMeetingService.dll,Attributes=16384,FileSize=1072128,PerTick=65536,,VerifyMedia=1,,,,,CheckCRC=0,Version=9.6.0.13374,Language=6153,InstallMode=58982400,,,,,,,)

MSI (s) (24:D0) [07:28:21:283]: File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\NewMeetingService\NewMeetingService.dll; To be installed; Won't patch; No existing file

MSI (s) (24:D0) [07:28:21:283]: File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\NewMeetingService\NewMeetingService.dll; To be installed; Won't patch; No existing file

MSI (s) (24:D0) [07:28:21:283]: Source for file 'newmeetingservice.dll' is compressed

We have decided to hold off this version for now

FYI, this appears to be an "over the top" upgrade problem where outdated files aren't getting removed when moving to newer versions of Jabber. 

I was having the same problem on my laptop where Jabber has been updated multiple times as newer versions got released.  Started getting this error around the 11.5 release.  What I did to resolve it is:

1.  Uninstall Jabber from Control Panel/Programs and Features.

2.  Delete the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber" folder.

3.  Install the latest version of Jabber, currently 11.7.0

No more errors!

I am experiencing the same problem while deploying to Windows machines. (serviceframwork.dll error)
Uninstalling the program does not actually remove any files from c:\Program files.  The problem persists until you manually delete files.  

I am also getting a similar problem while pushing Jabber 11.5 out to MAC end users.  

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: 3000)'

abort() called

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Waiting for an update from Cisco to deploy this version.  

We have given up on this release hoping to see something from Cisco soon

FYI, Version 11.5.1 for Windows was released yesterday by Cisco. 

Thanks.  I uninstalled 11.5 and installed 11.5.1 and so far have had no problems.  HOWEVER, another coworker ran the installer without uninstalling 11.5 first and ran into multiple issues.  He ended up having to clean his computer of any reference to jabber on the hard drive and registry and reinstall 11.5.  Don't know if you should be able to update without uninstalling or not, just an FYI.  Don't try installing 11.5.1 over 11.5!

Thanks mine is very stable so far

jasoncoxlee
Level 1
Level 1

I tried logging out of Jabber 11.5 and doing Settings>File>Reset Cisco Jabber.  No help.  Errors come back as soon as I log in.

Opened TAC case and will update if issue is resolvable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: