cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT DEVICE SEARCH RESULTS ARE NOT CORRECT

Paul Warner
Level 1
Level 1

After using RTMT to search for unregistered phones I find they are showing as registered. Also the phone load on Call Manager shows the device with the new phone load whereas RTMT shows the old phone load. If I browse to the device from RTMT is shows the correct firmware. I have checked this over a 2 day period and get the same inaccuracies.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Can you check if there is any difference after restarting the following serviceson the servers to which these phones were / are registered

- Cisco AMC Service

- Cisco RIS Data Collector

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the services on all 3 servers in the cluster. No change to the output. Still getting phones showing unregistered on RTMT that are registered on CM. Not all are registered but too many for it to be of any use. I am attaching a screenshot showing the output on RTMT and from browsing to the phone. The firmware on RTMT is still showing pre firmware upgrade.

Hi Paul,

it's normal, RIS database is pointing on 1 server at the time, you need to select the correct CUCM server where your phone is registered and you will see.

Hope this help

David

Hi David,

I tried pointing RTMT to all 3 servers and get the same outcome.

Regards

Paul

I see that you can select "any callmanager" so, you should see the registration there. maybe you hit a bug in RTMT.