Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue permitting stp packets from one site to site through a MPLS cloud

Mery
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Recently, I am using a lot of ME3600-x and I have applied MPLS on my network. I am having trouble passing bpdu packets from one Customer's site to another site.

So, at end devices (cisco switch 3560), I have configured the ports where customer sides connect as Q-in-Q vlan 20. To pass the Bpdu-RSTP from SIte-A to SITE B and vice versa, I have applied also on qinq ports l2 protocol stp. BUT, on ME3600-X and ME3600-Y, I have put a service-instance where I match the VLAN 20. The issue is that customer switch on SITE A does not receive BPDU from customer switch on SITE B and vice versa.

I have tried also l2protocol forward and l2protocol tunnel on service instances on ME3600-s, but still does not work.

I am wondering if there is sth that is missing but can not figured out. Does anybody has an idea or a similar topology on your network?

Thank you very much,

Mery

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mery,

you would be kind if you can post the whole configurations of ME3600-X-1 and ME3600-X-2 we are doing some tests on these days and they are looking fine i.e. STP BPDUs are correctly transported over the L2 transport service over MPLS.

Without seeing the whole configuration it is difficult to help you more.

Edit:

I see now that your picture contains EVC based EoMPLS pseudowires I agree it should work, but in our case EoMPLS were port based and we haven't the double vlan tag stack in ingress

Hope to help

Giuseppe

I am sure that ME3600 does allow the BPDU packets, but my concern is how to permit the BPDU-s on ME3600-s, when these BPDU-s come from dot1q-tunnel ports. So on Dot1q tunnel port , i have put the l2protocol stp, but what command should i put one service instances on ME 3600 in order the bpdu-s to be permitted and pass on the other side

Thank you,

mery

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: