cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from Prime 2.2 to 3.0 - What happens with our licenses?

David Serarols
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our customer asked us to perform an upgrade from Prime 2.2 to Prime 3.0. Procedure seems very easy (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html) but my question is about what happens with our licenses.

This Prime is managing just several WLC with their AP and we have a Base license and two LifeCycle with 100 and 150 devices (screenshot attached). These licenses will be ok for Prime 3.0 or they will stop working? In this case, Cisco will provide us with the equivalent license (no cost) or we will have to purchese another ones?

Thank you very much!

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PI 2.2 licenses will continue to work without modification on the PI 3.0 server.

I've done a couple of upgrades and can confirm it from first hand experience. It's also how it's designed to work according to the Cisco product team.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PI 2.2 licenses will continue to work without modification on the PI 3.0 server.

I've done a couple of upgrades and can confirm it from first hand experience. It's also how it's designed to work according to the Cisco product team.

Thank you very much, Marvin!

@Marvin

That means we can upload all PI 2.X licenses on any Cisco PI 3.X version?

Regards,