Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Security Appliance - Replicate Access Policies

rahardiantot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have deploy 2 web security appliance with HA feature but it can't replicate the policies between 2 web security appliance , any solution to replicate the policies between 2 web security appliance  like centralized management in ESA ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

HA (failover) option in WSA is only for failover between WSAs and it will not replicate any configurations/policies.

If you need to have the same or identical configuration between WSA appliances, you can either use the SMA appliance with configuration master or setup each WSA appliances individually with the same config.

Regards

Handy Putra

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

HA (failover) option in WSA is only for failover between WSAs and it will not replicate any configurations/policies.

If you need to have the same or identical configuration between WSA appliances, you can either use the SMA appliance with configuration master or setup each WSA appliances individually with the same config.

Regards

Handy Putra

Hi Handy, Thanks for your reply

So WSA only just like VRRP right ? Can we use SMA for more than 2 failover group ?

Thanks & Regards

Rahardianto

Hi Rahardianto,

That is correct it is similar to VRRP.

Please note that SMA is use for centralise management and reporting only for WSA appliances, means that 1 single configuration then push to mutliple WSA appliances to have identical configuration/any configuration under "Web Security Manager" tab in WSA GUI across all WSA appliances.

It does not related(any connection) to the failover group/HA functionality in WSA.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Handy

Good day,

I would like to know if there is any document showing the step by step to perform load balancing and HA configuration between a WSA and vWSA through WCCP on a Cisco ASA Firewall.

On the other hand I have the doubt when this type of configuration is done as it is done so that when making some configuration change replicate in the two WSA (physical WSA and virtual vWSA).

Thank you in advance for the collaboration and help you give me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: