Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIUS Authentication setting issue.

sundesa1977
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

I've an issue that every Sunday my WLC 2504 is turning the setting of RADIUS from port 1812 to port 53 and it causes the issue with users to authenticate. Can anyone tell me the reason and the permanent solution for this ?

Thanks and Best Regards

Sundesa.

7 Replies 7

Mohammad Setan
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have Cisco Prime or WCS? it might be that you have a scheduled job configured on the "Controller configuration group" to run every sunday and it is configured with Radius server authentication template, and the value in this template for the port is 53.

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

Hi Mohammad Setan,

We don't have Cisco Prime or WCS... Simply configuration is done in WLC. 

Where can I find this setting to disable in Cisco WLC 2504 ?

Thanks in well advance for your kind reply and support.

Hi,

There is no scheduled Jobs inside the WLC 2504, the only way is via Prime or WCS.

the behavior is strange, and I cannot see any bugs related to the same issue. so I would recommend to open TAC case for this matter, and before that try to delete the entry for that RADIUS server inside the controller and add it again.

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

Hi,

Tried several times but it fails. Again and again it turns from port 1812 to port 53 itself :/ :)

Regards

Hi,

Try to use different browsers, sometimes when you change anything, the actions not reflected due to Java issue, even I doubt that this is the case, but give it a try, otherwise, this issue is really strange and I recommend to open TAC case to check the issue.

Kind Regards

Hi,

The same I've already tried using ie and google chrome. This effects other settngs but only in 2 issues it is acting strange. 

Local Net users are not saving and Radius issue. :/

Regards.

bsmagulov1
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card