Helpful
Replies

Query on Skill group

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We have UCCE 8.5 Version

I have a doubt regarding the Skill Group usage.

Can anyone explain me the following things. I read the docs but not clear.

1. Difference between Skill group and Queue to Skill group

2. Can we assign priority to the Skill groups and Queue to Skill groups. If yes , how.

3. Can we assign priority to Agents.If yes, how.

Thanks

Sathya

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. In ICM script you first need to send the call to Skill Group node before sending it to the Queue node  from the failure branch as there is no implicit queue under the Skill Group node.  So, the Skill group node simply sends the call to agent if one is available, if none are available the call fails at this node and the Queue node needs to catch the call in order to queue it.

2. There is a priority node you can use and assign to the call flow

3. There is no true concept of skills based routing with traditional skill groups, there are sub-skills, but they mess up reporting. In UCCE 9.0 Precision Queues allow you to construct very powerful queues based on attributes which are assigned to agents. Attributes can be boolean (true or false) or ranked from 1 to 10, i.e. queue first select agents with attribute X > 7, then X > 5, etc.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

RE 1: there is no difference, both route calls to a Skill Group. So theoretically, you can forget about the Skill Group node and use the Queue (to Skill Group) node to send a call to a Skill Group AND queue it at that Skill Group. However, it's almost always a business requirement to try a number of SG's in a specific order before the call gets queued. So first, try the combination of Select -> Skill Group nodes in a specific order and if that still fails to connect the call, then use the Queue (to Skill Group) node to queue the call at those SG's.

Take a look at the following screenshot. First, we try to route the call to the Longest Available Agent (LAA) at the "LED" Skill Group. Next, we try to send the call to the LAA at the "SALE" Skill Group. If the call is not connected at this point, we queue the call at both of the "LED" and the "SALE" SG's and the first available agent gets the call:

RE 2 (priority). Yes, you either set the priority right away at the Queue (to Skill Group) node, or, when a call has already been queued, you can use the Queue Priority node to adjust the priority. There's no use having this Queue Priority node before the Queue (to Skill Group) node for obvious reasons - call is not queued yet.

RE 3 (agent priority). Not out of the box. However, if you have the list of agents you would like to try to route the call to, you can use the Agent To Agent node with the list of Agent Peripheral Numbers (~ Agent ID's), this way prioritizing the call for certain agents.

G.