Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager restore

Yanivaloosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i'm trying to restore call manager server from backup files, (cucm,cup and cuc). according to the procedures, but can find any *.tar file available to restore from.

1. backup device is configured and can access the SFTP server.

2. Files are available on SFTP.

attached print screen.

thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to look for the file named date-hostname_drfcomponent .Open it in notepad and can get the version.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what is CUCM version u are using?

Are the backup files lying in same path [directory] where sftp is referencing to?

regds,

aman

9.1.1.20000-5.

Yes, backup device is routed to the correct path.

Was the backup taken from same 9.1.1.20000-5 version? If its a different version then it will not work.

Manish

anyway to identify the version that backup was created?

You need to look for the file named date-hostname_drfcomponent .Open it in notepad and can get the version.

regds,

aman

getting the error below:

Failed to initiate restore. : Component tar files are missing from backup location. Please confirm all valid tar files are present before restore operation.

where i can find that file. i was upload all files from BKP

Seems few backup files are missing. Can u share snapshot of what all files do you have in backup?

regds,

aman

attached.

This does not look like CUCM backup files as I see only CUPS component here in the screenshot. You are trying to restore CUCM server or a CUPS server ?

hi,

Can u explain in detail?

Whether the new IMP server has  built has same IP/DNS/credentials as the old one? 

You are trying to restore the backup taken in Oct. 2015 on same version of new IMP server?

How many nodes you have for IMP and whether all are UP?

regds,

aman

one cup server, after restoring I'm getting "data base communication error", while all network configuration are the same for 100%...

trying to restart DB with no luck.

what was the issue? How u restored the backup?

can u share the utils dbreplication runtimestate from Presence ?

regds,

aman

when running utils dbreplication runtimestate, I'm getting Cisco DB is not running, trying to topr and start the service with no luck.

regarding the restore log, attached file. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: