cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

have problem in make calls from ip phone dx650 to any other but still recieve calls

Abdulkader Naji
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new on Voice and I was to do basic phone setting for my first try on installing and operating IP Phone.

I have Call Manager 11 and DX650 Phone connected .

It says the error "you call can't be completed please consult your directory"

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like you are dialing number that is not reachable. What are you dialing? Do you have matching DNs or patterns? Does the phone/DN have proper Calling Search space assigned to it with access to the partition of this DN/Pattern?

View solution in original post

Go to DN page, select respective device and click on edit line appearance. Scroll down to an end of the of the page and configure the same under line settings.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Looks that the number you are dialing isn't listed in CUCM DB. What configuration have you done on CUCM

the number is listed and that extension (IP Phone) can call mine fine and I can answer,the problem is why I receive if I can't make any call.

thanks

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like you are dialing number that is not reachable. What are you dialing? Do you have matching DNs or patterns? Does the phone/DN have proper Calling Search space assigned to it with access to the partition of this DN/Pattern?

I am dialing the number already exist on the directory of CUCM , the problem is that why I can receive any call using my DN but not able to call any of internal end points or number outside.

thanks

it was the calling search space which was set to NONE when I changed it to one of the choices I already have created ones everythings worked fine.

Thanks,

Now I want to to change the display name instead of the extension DN to may Name can you help.

Thanks again

Go to DN page, select respective device and click on edit line appearance. Scroll down to an end of the of the page and configure the same under line settings.

- Vivek

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suggest you read this chapter that explains the dial plan and call routing in CUCM, this is one of the basic building blocks of CUCM you need to have a good understanding of, if you're going to work with CUCM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/dialplan.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Abdulkader Naji
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose I want to do it right from the beginning I have a working CUCM and I have new IP Phone what is the steps to follow to have my endpoint up an running.