Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ata 190 registration issue with cucm 9.1.2 mixed mode

hi guys,

I have been working on this issue for very long time without any progress.

its ata 190 with 1.1.2(004) (latest ver).  with the QED file for that ata is also installed on all tftp servers.  it just doesn't register when encryption is enabled using device security profile.  it works fine without encryption.

so what I usually do is, install the lsc by ssing null string and size 2048 in non secure mode  (it will show install successful in the capf section of phone configuration) . then I change the device profile to the onewith encryption enabled. at that time ata restarts and never register back. 

I then have to remove encryption to register it back as non secure but that's not what I want. 

any ideas is much appreciated.

thanks

vijay

7 Replies 7

have you verified the configuration checklist for encrypted configuration files in CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/8_0_1/secugd/sec-801-cm/secuencp.html#wp1064298

hey,

I am not sure exactly what you meant by that (especially step 3 , 4 and 5)  but it is in mixed mode and I also have encprytion with tftp encryption enabled in device profile. I have other phones working fine except ata 190.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vijay,

In addition to the good ideas from Venkat (+5) it seems like you may be hitting this bug;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv26521

ATA 190 CAPF not installed
CSCuv26521
Symptom:
ATA190 isn't installing LSC from CAPF

Conditions:
Firmware 1.1.2
Secure CUCM

Workaround:
Using ATA unsecure

Further Problem Description:
Customer visible bug for ATA190 v1.2.1

hi Rob,

i talked to tac about this bug and their internal notes for this bug says the following.

if enable tftp encryption and the tftp server is not the CAPF server, UUT will try to create the TCP with tftp, not the CAPF server. Thus can not get the correct the Configure file.  if enable tftp encryption and the tftp server is the CAPF server, Thus can get the Configure file and register success.

I tried their workaround but it didnt help.  I will update if cisco fixes the problem.

thanks

vijay

HI,

Just wondering if you heard of a fix at all? I've got same issue TFTP server is not the CAPF & cannot download the LSC

Thanks

nope. It has been escalated to cisco BU.  I will update you

Cheers. That would be great  !!!!

I'm on UCM 11.5 and latest ATA190 firmware and still having issue. Haven't done wireshark to confirm but after reading your post it seems like the same