Views
Helpful
Replies

Onnet Call query

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

We are having Site A & Site B ...

On site A Extns are configured as    912261820XXX     where PRI range 022 61720XXX - 022 61820YYY  is in used

On site B Extns are configured as  912233409XXX  where PRI range is 022 33409XXX - 022 33409YYY 

Suppose PRI On site A down can users from Site B will Call to the Site A...or we require to create the extra configuration

5 Replies 5

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I assume both sites are on same cluster. Further if user from SiteB calls user on SiteA, that will be IP call and nothing to do with availability of PRI. Isn't it or do you have some other call flow in place?

Hello Vikas, Both side on the same cluster

On site A Extns are configured as    912261820XXX     where PRI range 022 61720XXX - 022 61820YYY  is in used

On site B Extns are configured as  912233409XXX  where PRI range is 022 33409XXX - 022 33409YYY 

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for giving me new name again :)

I apologize I have problem in understanding your exact question. If both sites are in same cluster and have dedicated PRI at each site, how does it matter for call going from one site to other on IP during PRI outage?

Please let me know if I am missing anything, else please clarify the same.

- Vivek

Hello Vivek,

1. Both the sides are in same cluster.

2. we configured the DID range for off net calls..on each of the site...

3. the DN we configure for the users in each site is respective with the DID range.

My query is if PRI DOWN from any of the site ...will both the site can call each other as they are in same cluster

Hi Vijay,

Irrespective whether these sites are in same or different cluster, as long as you are not using PRI for calls between these two sites (I am considering you will use WAN for inter-site calling), there is no impact of PRI status on these calls.

However if you are translating DN to DID number and then using PRI for inter-site calling (call is going through PSTN), then definitely you won't be able to reach other site when PRI is down. I hope that is not the case you are asking for.

- Vivek