Views
Helpful
Replies

'Looking for video systems...' menu item greyed out

badari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

folks,

when i first installed proximity on my mac osx 10.9.5 it worked great.

but currently i have the 'Looking for video systems' menu item greyed out.

even though i have many video systems i walk close it, it still does not start looking for them and find them.

as enclosed in the screen-shot, there are no other menu items/buttons where i can do some settings and get status on what the issue is.

it is a great tool. any tips to get it to work?

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks,

-badari

6 Replies 6

badari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

folks,

i forgot to mention that i have tried the following WITHOUT SUCCESS:

• exit and restart the mac desktop proximity app
  • reboot the mac

anything else to try?

thanks,

-badari

For Windows 7, the following reply by ohm worked for me

"Can you check if your microphone has some extra features enabled like "Microphone effects" and turn those off. "

I found this in https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12447996/proximity-never-finds-video-system-windows-7

badari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tonje helped me and point to possible muting of microphones causing the problem.

While my microphone was not muted, I was able to tweak the microphone settings in my 'System Preferences' -> 'Sound' -> 'Input' preference on my mac and was able to get proximity working.

So folks, please ensure your microphone is good and working for proximity to work.

Thanks,

-badari

This is a grayed out item and its expected to be grayed out. Once the client finds a system it should pair and you will get more menu options. Are you sure these systems are proximity enabled, like for example that others can connect to the system but not you? 

If it is not verified that the systems are Proximity enabled you should do this first, and make sure they are running the CE8.x release. If your mac still does not find any systems you should read through the troubleshooting guide to see if you can solve your problem. 

/Magnus

Hi badari,

Can you please send me your support ID? Go to proximity menu -> about and send the supportId to tonjjeva@cisco.com.

I'll have a look at the client logs.

- Tonje

chris.prime
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your microphone is on and then start turning the volume of your TV/speakers up or you can also try getting closer to your speakers with your microphone. I was sitting at the front of my conference table and wasn't able to connect until I turned my sound bar up from 15 to 30. Once connected I was able to turn it back down to 15 without losing connectivity and while still be able to start and stop sharing.

Also, my wifi was acting strangely, so I'm not sure if this was also interfering. You may want to try disabling your wifi while connecting as well.