cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMART NET for End of Support Devices (EoL & EoS)

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the SMART NET of the devices which are end of sale and end of support as well.

One of the Client has below mentioned devices and would like to get the smart net services for it. Will it be possible to get the smartnet support for this devices. Kindly advice.

MCS Servers

MCS7835I3-K9-CMD1  
MCS-7825-I4-ECS1
MCS-7816-I4-CCX1

WISM 1 Module
WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9=

6509 720 Supervisor Engine
VS-C6509E-S720-10G

Thanks in Advance.

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it has gone EOS [end of support] (and I have not checked this for you, but believe you) then you can not get a new SmartNet.

Thanks for the reply. 

What will be the scenario when there is any problem on the device and i need support from Cisco. Specially Call Manager sometime behave differently when there is some bug in existing version of software?

Cisco asks serial number of the device if we call for support and if there is no smartnet then they wont even forward the case to TAC support.

Any inputs please?

Thanks.

The devices have gone "End of Support". It's really simple. You wont get any support. Nothing.

Thanks Everyone for your replies.

There would be little point in making something 'End of Support' if you could just call up and get support.

If you want support then you need to look at upgrading the hardware to newer versions.

Cisco usually have two smartnet dates when announcing something end of life, the first one covers a new service contract and the second covers an existing contract.

You can often extend an existing service contract for several years after the EoL announcement but they usually prevent you buying a new contract much sooner. 

not if they are end of support

There are some providers that could do hardware support for end of support equipment on their own(no cisco involvement) and we have used a service in the past to get us through the line till we upgrade the equipment

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card