cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 5xx Extended Function Problems

smurphy011111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I am trying to set up an SPA514 phone (and others), but I am having problems

trying to set up the unused line keys as BLF/Speed Dial keys... I am trying to 

do the provisioning, but I also have the same problems with the web interface

on the phone.

The phone is at the 7.6.1 firmware version (the latest, as of today).

I have been using the Cisco Small Business SPA300 Series, SPA500 Series, and WIP310 IP Phone Administration Guide,

located at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/administration/guide/frame_source/500-series-7-5-7/ip_phone_admin/2_linesandextensions.html

and in the material under 

Assigning Busy Lamp Field, Call Pickup, or Speed Dial Functions to Unused Lines

I see these instructions:

Step 1 Click Admin Login > advanced > Voice > Phone.

Step 2 In the Line Key to configure (line 4 in this example):

a. From the Extension drop down list, choose Disabled.

b. Enter the following string in the Extended Function field:

fnc=blf+cp;sub=Stephanie@$PROXY;ext=300@$PROXY

Using the following syntax:

fnc=type;sub=stationname@$PROXY;ext=extension#@$PROXY

where:

fnc: function

blf: busy lamp field

cp: call pickup

sub: station name

ext or usr: extension or user (the usr and ext keywords are interchangeable)

Step 3 Click Submit All Changes. After the phone reboots, the phone in this example displays the following color LEDs for the monitored lines:

These instructions don't work!

Firstly, if I make (eg) extension 2 (I am using only 1 line) Disabled, then it will not show any label for that button, nor will anything happen if I press that button!

So, I set it to "1", as any other number will not work. After the phone reboots, I then get the label on the LCD for that button, but.... when I press it, it asks for me to "Enter a number:" The same results apply to the speed-dial entry.... what do I have to do to get these buttons to dial the associated extension when I press them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well. I have no SPA514 here, but the SPA504G should be similar enough. The configuration that works for me follow:

<Extension_3_ ua="na">Disabled</Extension_3_>
<Short_Name_3_ ua="na">2540</Short_Name_3_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_3_ ua="na">share</Share_Call_Appearance_3_>
<Extended_Function_3_ ua="na">fnc=blf+sd;ext=2540@$PROXY;sub=2540@$PROXY</Extended_Function_3_>

So try it and lets me know. The Line 3 key should have 2540 label and the relevant key should light,

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPA endpoints are supported in the SMB community in CSC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems you are running phone in SIP mode, with no Call Manager.

In such case you are off-topic here.

Use blue [ EDIT ] button (upper right) to reclaim your question to Small Business -> Voice and Conferencing -> SPA IP Phones

I will try to help you once thread become moved in proper community.

Is this better?

Yes, but be patient please, there are 4am and I need sleep a lot.

Hmm, you must be in Europe. Sweet Dreams; now I go to my rest; and look forward to any help you can offer. Many thanks!

Oh, btw, I attached the xml for provisioning, a bit sanitized.

OK. So sensitive CSC antispam engine considered this thread inapropriate so I has been unable to respond. But now, the thread is back. Lets go.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well. I have no SPA514 here, but the SPA504G should be similar enough. The configuration that works for me follow:

<Extension_3_ ua="na">Disabled</Extension_3_>
<Short_Name_3_ ua="na">2540</Short_Name_3_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_3_ ua="na">share</Share_Call_Appearance_3_>
<Extended_Function_3_ ua="na">fnc=blf+sd;ext=2540@$PROXY;sub=2540@$PROXY</Extended_Function_3_>

So try it and lets me know. The Line 3 key should have 2540 label and the relevant key should light,

Dan--

Many thanks. Setting the Share_Call_Appearance_x_ to "share" was incorrectly specified in the documentation. I hope they fix it, as it cost me a lot of wasted time. And, they might have specified the fnc=blf+sd+cp  as a possibility also. Now, all my keys display, and act as one would expect. Many thanks!

"share" has been mentioned as requirement somewhere. But I don't remember where I has read it. May be it has not be Administrators Guide but an other document.

According blf+sd+cp - I still don't understand in full the exact relationship between ext= and sub=  as well as their relationship to particular sd/cp/blf function. So my advice is - just try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: