cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change SMA IP Address

jtsai8585
Level 1
Level 1

What would I need to to in order to properly change IP address for the SMA?  I have Centralized Spam quarantine with 3 ESAs in a cluster.

I'm thinking just removing ESA and re-adding them.... anything else?

3 Replies 3

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jtsai,

From the ESA's, go to the Security Services > Centralized Spam Quarantine

Temporarily disable it's usage.

Change the IP address of the SMA.

Ensure the SMA has reconnected to the ESA successfully via the Security Appliances Pane (Re-establish connection on all ESAs).

Once all re-establish and successful, log into the ESA and re-enable the centralized spam quarantine but ensure you're sending it to the new SMA IP.

The emails will stay on the ESA's queue until a host is made available (Spam quarantines are enabled).

Regards,

Matthew

Would it be the same process if I am moving the SMA from Physical to Virtual?

Hello Jtsai,

Yep same process -- physical SMA and virtual SMA has the same OS running so procedures are the same.

I just reviewed the steps again, what i would suggest for this to go through successfully is (please see revised steps).

From the ESA's, just simply change the IP for spam quarantine usage to the new one, if it cannot reach this IP you may receive some errors but it will retain the email until it can get a connection to pass it through.

On the new SMA:

Ensure the SMA has reconnected to the ESA successfully via the Security Appliances Pane (Re-establish connection on all ESAs and enable the services needed.)

Once all re-establish and successful, log into the ESA via the command line.

You should see using tophosts  -> Active Recipients

'the.euq.queue' there and just use a hoststatus the.euq.queue and you should see the new IP for this spam quarantine there, you can force a redelivery with delivernow or just wait for it and monitor.

Regards,

Matthew