cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greymail Definitions - Descriptions for Bulk, Social Media?

Duane Gullett
Level 1
Level 1

The greymail options have three categories, BULK, Marketing and Social Media.

I am looking for an official description of each and any additional details on how they are identified.

I found a Marketing description from an old CISCO technote but I cannot find anything describing Social Media or Bulk.

I understand what Social Media is but what is it from the perspective of an ESA? Which Social Media is included, etc...

I also understand the word and concept of "BULK" but would like the distinction between BULK and Marketing email.

Marketing Technote => http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118412-technote-esa-00.html

Thank you.

Duane

3 Replies 3

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The info from User Guide for AsyncOS 9.7 for Cisco Email Security Appliances:

Graymail Classification

The graymail engine classifies each graymail into one of the following categories:

• Marketing Email. Advertising messages sent by professional marketing groups, for example, bulletins from Amazon.com with details about their newly launched products. 
  • Social Network Email. Notification messages from social networks, dating websites, forums, and so on. Examples include alerts from:

–  LinkedIn, for jobs that you may be interested in
–  CNET forums, when a user responds to your post.

• Bulk Email. Advertising messages sent by unrecognized marketing groups, for example, newsletters from TechTarget, a technology media company.

----

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

very useful thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: