Views
Helpful
Replies

Anti Spam -Troubleshooting ESA

rogelio.melo1
Level 1
Level 1

Buenos días: 

Tengo una consulta relacionada a envíos de correo electrónico de altos volúmenes dirigidos a distintos casillas de correos electrónicos. Mi situación actual es que los email que envío están siendo considerados como spam y me están dañando la reputación de mis IP's por las cuales hago estos envíos. a través de diferentes sistemas web he validado que mis IPs no están catalogadas en Black Lists y Blocked, pero aun así algunas son catalogadas como spam.

Me han hablado que una alternativa para mejorar y solucionar estos resultados de envío de correos y no ser catalogado como spam es a través de su sistema ESA.

Necesitaría su ayuda para que me indiquen que es lo que ESA ofrece para la mejora de este problema y en qué se basa. 

Gracias!

Good Morning:

I have a question related to shipments of high volume email boxes targeting different emails. My current situation is that the emails I send are being considered as spam and I are damaging the reputation of my IP's why I do these shipments. through different web systems I have validated my IPs are not cataloged in Black Lists and Blocked, but still some are classified as spam.

I've heard that an alternative to improve and solve these mailings results and not be classified as spam is through their ESA system.

I need your help to indicate to me that is what ESA provides for the improvement of this problem and what it is based.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rogelio,

From your explanation it looks like you're concerned on your IP being blacklisted due to spam. however if the spam is not leaving your environment it should not impact your IP.

I do suggest that you ensure that anti-spam is enabled on your outgoing mail policies to mitigate this concern.

Additionally, tighten who is allowed to RELAY through your ESA (it should generally only be your exchange servers in your RELAYLIST).

Finally, incorporate some content filters to outgoing mail policies to stop executables and such to protect your environment in the event someone may have been compromised and sending out such malicious attachments.

However, if you have some tracking information to share it will allow us to understand the scope better for you.

Regards,

Matthew

Hello Mathew, 

I already check if my IP''s are not blocked or in black list, also i alrady check the mail policies and im doing better too but i still can't delvery email to the inboxes of final clients. what can i do to get the inbox?

Thank you!

Hello Rogelio,

On your device, you can check GUI > Monitor > Delivery Status

Let us know if there is an increasing number here - if so it looks like it's queued on your device.

You can check further in the CLI ( command line )  with a

hoststatus nameofhost

Regards,

Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: