Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DWDM NCS2002 issue

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to get some help here with a CISCO DWDM NCS2002 issue.
I got a DWDM system of 2 channels point to point, with 100 km. of distance, DWDM NCS 2002 with PREAMP (OPT PRE CARD) and AMP (OPT-AMP-17-C) on both sides of the link.

The Pre amp card works fine but I got a problem with the AMP17C card, I can’t make the amplifier section work, I tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work.

This card has 8 optical ports: COM TX and RX, MON TX and RX, OSC TX and RX, LINE TX and RX.
The block functional diagram in the datasheet shows that if you connect the TX port of the MUX in the COM RX port of the AMP, you must have the amplified signal in the LINE TX port but instead I got a very very low signal.

An example to make my point clear:

[MUX] COM TX (-1 dBm) COM RX [AMP 17C] LINE TX  (-50 dBM)

Does anyone have this problem with this card?
Please let me know if you know something.
Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kayukovvalera
Level 1
Level 1

Try to fix it in this way:

- delete and create optical params, press bottom "launch ANS"

- change slot 2 to slot 3, of slot 3 to slot 2

- swap cards on your nodes, it will tell you exactly is it hardware problem or misconfiguration of node

If after swap of cards it doesn't goes up open RMA in TAC. Sometime cards come damaged from Cisco.

View solution in original post

Hi,

- In WDM-ANS, Provisioningm check parametr - Channel LOS Threthold - COM RX - -2.0db parametr. If there are no any like that then create it.

- push "Lanch ANS" Botton

- show all parametrs and patchcords.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kayukovvalera
Level 1
Level 1

Try to fix it in this way:

- delete and create optical params, press bottom "launch ANS"

- change slot 2 to slot 3, of slot 3 to slot 2

- swap cards on your nodes, it will tell you exactly is it hardware problem or misconfiguration of node

If after swap of cards it doesn't goes up open RMA in TAC. Sometime cards come damaged from Cisco.

Hi,

I tried to fix the issue with this procedure, with 2 NCS and 2 different cards, but always CTC shows this alarm: 

COM-RX "Incoming Payload Signal Absent".

I attached some screenshots of CTC

Hi,

- In WDM-ANS, Provisioningm check parametr - Channel LOS Threthold - COM RX - -2.0db parametr. If there are no any like that then create it.

- push "Lanch ANS" Botton

- show all parametrs and patchcords.

Hi,

Could you share all the ANS parameters of OPT-AMP-17 card?

I can take a look at it and advise on the same.

Setting the Channel LOS Threthold was the solution.

Thanks a lot kayukovvalera !