Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for latest right client for Cisco ASA 5505 IPSec

ModeoITCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have Cisco ASA 5505 firewall and we are looking for a latest client to connect clients via VPN tunnel to our internal resources.

We do not use SSL so I guess we need IPSec client.

We have been using client file named vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0440-k9.exe that we found from our files but sometimes it doesnt work as expected. I was wondering if there are some updated client for us to use.

I tried to browse Cisco.com but found only anyconnect clients which are for SSL VPN if I have understood correctly.

4 Replies 4

The mentioned Client is End of Life for a long time and as far as I know not for Download any more.

You can:

• Use an alternate Client like the one from Shrew.net
  • Migrate to AnyConnect for what you need a new VPN-Config and you have to license the Client for your userbase.

So Cisco hasn't publish a new client to replace that old one??

Hi,

Cisco VPN IPSEC client is EOL and you would not be able to get it on the website.

So the only suggestion would be to use the SSL client as the IPSEC client is not available and also not supported by Cisco.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts.

Ok, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: