cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does any command can limit the traffic from particular port on Cisco 2960s with LAN-lite?

Hele Du
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I encountering a traffic issue which is client send lots of traffic from particular port.

Does any command can limit the traffic from particular port on Cisco 2960s with LAN-lite?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

use, for instance to bring the limit down by % (between 10 and 90), configure this on your port:

srr-queue bandwidth limit 
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Is this command only for ergess driection?

Maybe using "bandwidth + percentage" is correct answer.

Hi back,

you can only limit the egress rate of a port with that command.

srr-queue bandwidth limit

Which means the port is, in case of you, putting 10 (as lowest configurable option, so will not be able to limit for example a 100MBit-Port down to 5MBit) after that command, in "pause" mode 90% of its given transmit time ;)

For pushing down the traffic going INTO and EGRESSING from that port you need policing, will look like this:

mls qos

!

ip access-list extended LIMITACL

permit ip any any

!

class-map match-all CLASS_LIMIT20MBIT

match access-group name LIMITACL

!

policy-map LIMIT-20MBIT

class CLASS_LIMIT20MBIT

police 20000000 1000000 exceed-action drop

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

srr-queue bandwidth limit 20

service-policy input LIMIT-20MBIT

But policing will produce taildrops, and so you will have not that nice traffic behaviour due tue the TCP syncing issue. Proper shaping is AFAIK not available on the smaller Catalysts, especially not on a Layer2-Switchport.

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your answer.

The feature police seems only support on LAN-base platform, I cannot issue Class-map command on my switch which is LAN-lite

ouch...ok, i didn´t read the detail about LAN-lite ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card