cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking command / IP router with null and track

mrochac
Level 1
Level 1

Gents, ladies - i am a little unsure on how to address / read this command; just taking over ownership of the infras. and i am not sure what the mapping means on here....

NLCU-PuppyMonkeyBaby-R1#sh run | in track

track 1 ip sla 1 reachability
track 11 ip route 10.179.129.0 255.255.255.0 reachability

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.24.5.254 track 1
ip route 172.18.119.0 255.255.255.0 Null0 track 11 (this is where i am not sure where traffic is going if Null0 is being used.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

whats that route currently known as in the local routing table , bgp ,igp ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey whats the route currently known as , is it in BGP advertised as network statement  ? it could just mean that its conditionally advertised even if you cant reach it , the route will still be in the table

whats the importance i suppose of that subnet if there advertising it like this , it can be a stability thing in the network as well some people chose to force advertisement even if its not available, its not weighted either so its being advertised now somewhow

The idea is to keep track of the link and if it goes down to stop advertising - its as you stated conditionally advertised. But the null0 is throwing me off...

whats that route currently known as in the local routing table , bgp ,igp ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: